Sunday, April 28, 2013
a moment on the lips...
a lifetime on the hips. Ugh. I really hate that saying. Now that I am in my thirties (well into them) and have had 3 kids, that stupid saying rings so true to me.
But never fear! Betsy and I have started using the app Lose It! this weekend. I have an IPhone and she has a Droid. There are tons of apps like it but I like the layout of this particular one the best. You can scan your grocery items when you are preparing a meal and all of the nutrition info gets stored so I can track what I eat. It calculated how many calories I need to eat to meet my particular goal.
We can also track all of our walks and nursing and any other form of exercise.
This thing is great--I have to see the damage I've done all day every time I log anything, which is constantly throughout the day so it really holds me accountable. Or prisoner. Whichever word works for you.
Best part? You can add friends (they cannot see your weight, just your loss goal) so that they can motivate you with uplifting messages (get off the couch, fatty! drop the m&m's, chunkster!).
So my goal is to lose 42 pounds by October. Wish me luck!
By the way, I hate "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips". I much prefer "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" even though it's a freakin lie. Even skinny bitches will whoop up on some cheesecake now and then without a thought to how fatty it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment