I mentioned before that a lot of parenting blogs are wartorn, covered in bloodshed from wounds cast by egomaniacal narrowminded parents who think their way of raising kids is the only way to raise a kid.
First, I feel sorry for people who have time to argue with strangers on the interwebs.
Wait, on second thought, maybe I envy them for having that much spare time.
Second, they really need to just get over themselves.
There's a new post over on Baby Sideburns wherein the author calls her kids 'little douchebags'. She often refers to them with names such as this in jest and it often starts a whole new war on how awful parents must be to call their kids names.
You show me a parent who has never once thought their toddler was a psychotic maniac at times and I'll show you a liar.
But it's all in good fun, she obviously loves her children but is not afraid to be honest and offer a little comic relief to those of us who understand the frustrations that go with parenting. Especially parenting toddlers.
So I say if this kind of talk offends your sensibilities #1 lighten up and #2 unsubscribe from any blogs authored by parents with a similar (refreshing) sense of humor and honesty.
No comments:
Post a Comment