Ok, it took me a while, but I finally tried playing Words With Friends last year. Huge Scrabble fan here (nerd alert), so it seemed a good fit.
Wrong.
I do not play Scrabble with a dictionary. I use the honor system. I won't check your words if you promise not to use random fake words just to make the most of your letters. It's a frackin game! Work with what ya got. And if I'm sitting down playing Scrabble with you, there's a good chance I know you well enough to find it odd if you bust out with a word like 'privity' when you typically just sputter out sentence fragments until someone nods. I'm kidding, I don't know anyone who has that much trouble communicating, but I think you follow me.
Call me a poor sport, but I hate that there are all these cheats out there that spit out words from letters you input. After playing Words With Friends several times, I noticed people were really grasping with all these fake words but the game accepts them. Out of curiosity, I googled some cheats and started inputting random letters and quickly learned there are many words generated that "do not have a definition, but it's still a Scrabble word!".
NO. It's not. If it does not have a definition, then it's not a real word. Ergo, it cannot be played in WORDS With Friends.
Just keepin it real folks.
This post was inspired by a move I just made in Words With Friends. I didn't use a letter generator, I just kept playing letters until the game accepted a word. The word is 'yaud' and it has no definition. I'm so ashamed.
No comments:
Post a Comment