That's what I've been reminding myself as reassurance that Drew will eventually be potty trained. I'm trying not to push him, he will likely refuse even more under too much pressure. Because refusing is what he already does 80% of the time.
People have all sorts of helpful ideas. But they make me wonder if they think I'm Gumpish.
We offer the potty on a schedule, and about 15 minutes after every meal, snack, and water sippy, when we know Drew is about to need to go.
We have fun colorful potty seat covers in Drew's favorite characters. In all 3 bathrooms.
We have 'potty prizes', and we make a huge deal out of both attempts and successes.
We have tried to entice with other privileges.
No, the learning center will not allow us to put him in big boy undies when he only tries to go potty once a week because they do not have time to manage 18 2-3 year olds and change my kids clothes and clean up his pee 6 times a day. Why is this such a difficult concept for some people to grasp? A stranger LITERALLY argued with me on this yesterday, asserting that they WILL do it if I, as his mother, TELL them to. She doesn't even live around here, has never heard of our learning center. Brilliant.
Drew showed a lot more interest when he first turned 2 than he does now. The learning center really started pushing him a month before he turned 3 because he has to be trained to move on to the 3 year old class. But he has regressed and has zero interest.
I'm growing concerned, he is the oldest in his class now and most of his pals have moved up. The last handful will be gone this summer. Now he is surrounded by 2 year olds in diapers. No wonder he shows no interest.
But I'm hoping he won't feel isolated when his best pals are gone. It may prompt him to go potty or it may just make him feel shame.
No comments:
Post a Comment