Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Meet Poppy Jane
Poppy is the final installment to the Webster trilogy. She is in for it. These two maniac older brother of hers, well, I'm afraid there's nothing I can do for her, she will learn to fend for herself with them.
When I learned I was pregnant for the 3rd time, I just knew it was a girl. I immediately began thinking of girl names. I begged Andy to let us be surprised, to not find out the sex. He wasn't thrilled but he agreed, mainly since I wanted to be surprised with Brady too and he refused to allow it. Couldn't wait, said "next time". Oh, you ate those words didn't you mister.
Poppy was a touch rougher on me during pregnancy than the boys. And by a touch, I mean 2 hospitalizations ending in an early arrival via busting her way through and rupturing my uterus. And by rupturing I mean shredding. Poppy made good and sure she would forever by the baby. But we were planning on permanent birth control after our third anyway.
So Poppy had kind of a close call there in the beginning. She was due on Christmas Day but she made her debut on November 20. No biggie--she spent 10 days in the NICU and is a champ now. I did not hold her until she was 3 days old, so that really blew, but now I hold her all the time so we're good.
Poppy is a very happy baby, she really only cries if she believes she's not been held enough in the day and if she's stucking farving. Which can kind of sneak up on her, clearly, because she's just a baby.
I had no idea how much I wanted or needed this little girl until Dr. Strickland, after he recovered from gasping over and gawking at the ruins of my womb, which didn't freak me out at all (lies), said "It's a girl."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment