Thursday, May 30, 2013

I wonder where my pants are...what's this on my finger?

Ever wonder how the toddler train of thought works?  I do. Every day.  Either it's totally normal for a person to transition through 17 priorities in the course of 3 minutes or my kids are gonna need a lot of meds one day.

Drew and Brady go nuts about 5pm.  Seriously, it's the witching hour. From 5 until 7 I run back and forth between the kitchen, the den, the playroom, the bathroom, and upstairs.  I just cannot keep the kids focused on any one task during this time.  They want to color. They want a snack. They lost a sock. They want dinner. They want to play trains. They want to play flash cards. They want to dress up as superheros. They want to go potty.  They keep hitting each other. Or pushing each other. Or screaming at each other.

I am such a task oriented person-- I start a task and finish it. Normally. But not anymore. Cooking dinner takes over 2 hours with all of this going on.  I swear it makes my right eye pulse and throb out of its socket to be right in the middle of so many tasks and not follow through any one thing to the end.

I think this is my life for the next 18 or so years.  I hope I get used to it.  If not, I'm gonna need a padded room pretty soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment