Since then I have been following a number of parenting blogs because most of the time I gain real knowledge and challenge my mind with the discussions I encounter. Of course, I have also witnessed more than my fair share of the so-called 'mommy wars' and was initially really disturbed by them. But now, I have desensitized myself to them.
The way I see it, we parents are in this thing together. We don't have to do everything the same way; there is no single prescribed method of raising children and developing a strong family and turning our wee ones into good solid citizens. We each have to do what feels right for our own families. So I really don't read the bull-headed posts from the narrow-minded folks who name call and criticize parents who do things different from them. They will always speak their mind but I probably will not justify their behavior with a response. But I will always read what they have to say because sometimes even if the delivery sucks (we're all guilty at times) something might just broaden my own perspective.
As I was saying, I would love to be able to share some of my thoughts and experiences as a parent from my perspective. I find my mommy and daddy friends to be a bountiful resource and learn new ideas every day and it would make me feel awesome if someone, anyone, found something I had to say useful. Yes, I
So let me see if I can briefly summarize who I am. I grew up in Savannah GA, left for NC to attend college and graduate school at East Carolina University, and have made my permanent home in a tiny little town called Smithfield North Carolina. I will always prefer the south, it is home. Southerners are generally friendly and relaxed and it does me wonders to be surrounded by people far less uptight than I. My husband Andy is the funniest guy I know, and he was immediately the most amazing and involved father I have ever known, from the moment our first son Drew arrived. Now we have Drew (3), Brady (2) and Poppy Jane (5 months). I take care of the children and our home, Andy commutes to Durham to be a network geek during the day, and the kids try their damndest to see just how many times I will wipe down the kitchen counter and pick up toys in any 2 hour window. One of the greatest things that has happened to me since we made our home in Smithfield is that through Drew's Early Learning Center, I have met some of the most incredible families, most of whom live right here in my neighborhood (yes, Smithfield is that small) and I now find myself immersed in this comfy little window of my life consumed with playdates, mommy nights, and family get-togethers.
And I love every minute of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment