Monday, April 29, 2013
Raising little helpers
What's this? A Dyson vaccuum? Geez my kids have nicer equipment than I do.
So Drew has always LOVED to play with brooms, sweepers, and vaccuums everywhere we go, since before he could even walk. I'm pretty sure when he meets the president someday and he asks "what do you want to be when you grow up little boy?" Drew will reply "a school custodian!". And that's perfectly fine with me.
Granted, the kid isn't all that interested in 'cleaning' or even picking up his toys (watch the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan to know what it's like here when I ask him to do that) but a girl can dream that if she supplies him with all the right tools, he will learn to love it. (read: get really good at it)
Now to buy him a shop vac to suck up all the sand that I dumped in the sunroom for the kids to play with during Brady's birthday party. Over a week ago. That is still there, just not so much in a nice pile on the drop cloth in the sunroom. More like spread out across the entire room and into the kitchen and den.
Anything for the kids, right? Even if it means my right eyeball pulses and tries to lurch out of its socket every time I step on sand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment